All blackberry users would agree with me that Blackberry is a smart phone with a very dumb battery. Anyway here are some steps you can take to get the most out of your battery.
- Reduce your BlackBerry back light Brightness and also the back light duration and thick “Automatically Dim Backlight” in Screen Display options.
- Avoid having several social networks on one phone: Applications like Facebook, Twitter, whatsapp, facebook chat … etc when running all at the same time can really drain the battery in no time.
- Turn off background Sync on facebook application: When this is on, your phone periodically sends and receive data to and from facebook respectively and that can really drain your battery.
- Turn off all group notifications.
- Switch your phone from 3G to 2G: This method increases the battery life by approximately over 40%.
- Finally if your battery is in a really bad state already i.e it lasts for only a few minutes, then Try wrapping the battery up in nylon and freeze it for 24 hours. This worked in my case
Note: Do the final step only if your battery life is unpredictable.
If anything is unclear, ask your questions in the comment box bellow